The Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence



Wow! I read this book cover to cover in a few days despite being a mum to a newborn baby and here’s why.
Fantasy fiction is my favourite genre but bloody hell, there's a lot of terrible novels out there, but this isn’t one of them. I was gripped from the beginning and couldn’t put it down. There’s none of the tired clichés associated with fantasy such as a friendly, wise wizard, a ancient prophecy, an epic journey or quest, and so as the plot twists and turns you really never know what’s going to happen next. I found the character of Jorg really interesting, he’s a really strong fresh character and surprisingly charismatic.
I’m so happy that the sequel is already out so I won’t have to wait long to read it.
This is a really promising debut from a very talented writer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stone Road by G.R.Matthews

Reluctant Immortals by Gwendolyn Kiste

The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell